Pacific Coast Float Policies
Our goal at Pacific Coast Float is to use the healing world of floating to change lives for the better and we adhere to certain policies to benefit you and to create a harmonious environment where our staff can focus on your needs. Please notify our float center staff if you have any special physical concerns, diabetes or are pregnant. All guests will be asked to complete a brief questionnaire designed with your well-being in mind.
We ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your first float session to allow ample time to check in and prepare for your appointment. Arriving late will simply limit the time for your float, reducing its effectiveness and your pleasure. To maintain the integrity of the tank and prepare yourself for the floating experience, we ask that you please use our shower before you float. After your session is over, please take a quick shower to wash all of the salt off. We encourage you to use the restroom to do your hair and makeup to free up the float room in consideration of the guests who have float appointments after you.
We understand that schedules can be hectic and if your arrival is delayed, we will make every effort to accommodate your full appointment. Please understand that service time may be abbreviated to avoid delays for other guests. Any last-minute changes to appointments will be honored whenever possible if a service appointment is available for a later time on the same day.
You must cancel scheduled sessions 24 hours in advance; otherwise, we may bill you for 50-100% of the normal session fee, even if the cancellation was unavoidable. Pacific Coast Float Members may forfeit a float from their membership balance in the event of cancelling within 24 hours or not arriving for their scheduled session.
Floating is a great way to escape from the over-stimulation of our daily lives and we strive to provide a calm and relaxing environment. As a courtesy to other guests, please maintain a quiet level of conversation. Cell phone use is discouraged and we ask that you silence your phones while in the wellness center. Your time in the center should be focused on synergizing your mind, body and soul.
We encourage the idea of sharing floating with the world! Gift certificates are available for our services and packages. Gift certificates are not redeemable if lost or stolen. If you are the recipient of a gift certificate, please provide the certificate number when booking.
Prices subject to change
We are constantly expanding our services to bring you the latest and greatest. Although we make every effort to keep our website and service menu updated, please note that prices and services are subject to change at any time. We love having you as a client, but we do reserve the right to refuse service at anytime, to anyone, for any reason.
Pacific Coast Float currently has one float tank Please remember we are unable to accommodate visitors accompanying clients into the float room and all non-clients must remain in the waiting area.
Float therapy provides a deep state of relaxation that stimulates blood flow through all your body tissues and releases natural endorphins. Float therapy also allows the brain to give off alpha waves associated with relaxation and meditation. We want you to have an amazing and safe experience with us at Pacific Coast Float and request that you be aware of and agree to the following information and policies. To ensure a comfortable, clean and safe float therapy experience, before your first float you will be asked to sign a waiver acknowledging the following :
* If I have a history of heart disease or blackouts I understand that I need written consent from my physician to use the float room.
* I understand that these sessions are for the purpose of relaxation and not intended to treat and condition or disease or to take the place of medical care or medications. I understand that Pacific Coast Float cannot provide medical treatment.
* In the event I experience a medical emergency, I authorize Pacific Coast Float to call emergency medical staff and or my emergency contact on my behalf.
* ADA/wheelchair Customers- I understand that there are no lifts to get in and out of the float tub. It’s a requirement at Pacific Coast Float that if you are constrained to a wheelchair and want to utilize floatation therapy that you bring along with you a minimum of 1 helper to assist you enter and get out of the float tank. I also understand the extra caution that must be taken and agree to enter, float and exit at my own risk.
* The float room is used for relaxation purposes and needs to remain a quiet, tranquil environment. Please make every effort to be respectful and not disturb other clients in the wellness center. No splashing, kicking or disruptive behavior.
* I understand I cannot use the float room if I am under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
* I do not suffer from uncontrolled seizures or epilepsy or kidney disease. If I have diabetes, I am under medication and monitored by a physician so that I can safely use the float room.
* I do not have incontinence, or voluntarily/ involuntarily release of bodily fluids of any kind.
* I understand that if I contaminate the water in the float room with bodily fluids of any kind I will be held responsible for draining and replacement of the water, epsom salt and special cleaning services ( up to $1500)
* I will not damage the float tank in any way. Not limited to pulling, picking at or ripping holes in the liner.
* I do not have any communicable or infectious diseases, illness, or skin disorders.
* I do not have a condition and am not medicated in any manner which may be adversely affected by deep relaxation and/or immersion in magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt) water solution or cutaneous absorption of magnesium.
* I understand that I cannot float if I have had any chemical processing of my hair or spray tanned within 5 days because the water in the float tank can be discolored and contaminated with chemicals.
* I understand that using a tanning bed or shaving within 24 hours of my float session may cause skin irritation.
* I understand that this facility is cleaned between each session. Additionally, the tank is filtered and sanitized between each session in accordance with the floatation tank community standards & will uphold all standards of the Floatation Tank Association.
* I will use great caution while entering and exiting the float tank and the entire time in the facility . I understand that there is a risk of wet and slippery surfaces.
* I understand that the float tank has: Pharmaceutical grade Epsom salt, an ultraviolet sterilization system, natural enzymes and non-toxic biodegradable cleaning products and hydrogen peroxide (35%)
* Float tank Etiquette: Before entering the float tank, I will shower thoroughly to remove natural body oils and skin and hair products. After exiting the float tank, I will shower thoroughly to rinse the salt from my hair and body.
* I will complete any additional hygiene routines in the bathroom to accommodate the next floater.